Saigon City Hall or Hôtel de Ville de Saïgon (Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee Head office – Trụ sở Ủy ban Nhân dân Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) was built in 1902-1908 in a French colonial style for the then city of Saigon. It was renamed after 1975 as Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee.
Although this elegant colonial building is not open to public, Ho Chi Minh City Hall is very popular with tourists and offers great photo opportunities. Tourists can take photographs outside and many people choose to do this at night when the building and its grounds are lit up.
In 1990 a statue of the namesake has been installed in the park in front of the building to celebrate his 100th birthday. It displays Uncle Ho sitting next to a girl. This statue has been replaced in May 2015. The new statue is also made of bronze, is 7.2 metres high and displays Ho Chi Minh standing and greeting his followers
Visited 292 times, 1 Visit today